Do you ever read the fine print? One of the gravest dangers for anyone is to sign something without reading. This whole housing crisis has a lot to do with people not reading before they sign. Those sneaky contracts can cause a lot of trouble. Here is a sample study about credit card fine print.
Usually when you sign a credit card you have agreed to giving up so many rights and they’ll rob you blind!
The good thing about God is He doesn’t use fine print! It’s plainly stated all just read it. There are definitely some rewards and cautions given for children (Yes, teenager you are still a “children”). Here are a few verses to consider today. Think about the rewards God promises to those who honor and obey their parents, but don’t forget the warnings to those who refuse to obey and respect.
- Leviticus 19:3 Ye shall fear every man his mother, and his father, and keep my sabbaths: I am the LORD your God.
- Deuteronomy 5:16 Honour thy father and thy mother, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee; that thy days may be prolonged, and that it may go well with thee, in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
- Deuteronomy 27:16 Cursed be he that setteth light by his father or his mother. And all the people shall say, Amen.
- Proverbs 1:10 My son, if sinners entice thee, Consent thou not.
- Proverbs 6:20 My son, keep thy father’s commandment, And forsake not the law of thy mother:
- Proverbs 8:32-33 Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: For blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, And refuse it not.
- Proverbs 10:1 The proverbs of Solomon. A wise son maketh a glad father: But a foolish son is the heaviness of his mother.
- Proverbs 13:1 A wise son heareth his father’s instruction: But a scorner heareth not rebuke.
- Proverbs 15:5 A fool despiseth his father’s instruction: But he that regardeth reproof is prudent.
- Proverbs 20:11 Even a child is known by his doings, Whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.
- Proverbs 28:7 Whoso keepeth the law is a wise son: But he that is a companion of riotous men shameth his father.
- Proverbs 23:15-16, 22-26 My son, if thine heart be wise, My heart shall rejoice, even mine. Yea, my reins shall rejoice, When thy lips speak right things…Hearken unto thy father that begat thee, And despise not thy mother when she is old. The father of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: And he that begetteth a wise child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad, And she that bare thee shall rejoice. My son, give me thine heart, And let thine eyes observe my ways.
- Luke 18:20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
- Ephesians 6:1-3 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
- Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.